Summary of Privacy Practices
This summary describes how we use and share information about you, and how you may obtain copies of this information
- Treatment Such as when our physicians and nurses discuss your care.
- Payment Such as when we bill your insurance company for services provided to you.
- Operations Such as when we work to make the quality of the care that we provide better. When we give out information about the different services we provide.
- Other Ways Such as when we send disease reports to county and state health office (as required by law). When we provide information to funeral directors, organ donation groups and researchers. When we share information to protect the health and safety of you and others. When we respond to court requests. We also may send you appointment reminders, greetings cards and newsletters.
You have the right to:
- Ask for restrictions on the ways we use and give out your information. However, we are not required to do what you ask.
- Obtain a copy of your patient record.
- Add information to your patient record.
- Ask that your patient information be sent to a different address or that we call you at a different phone number.
- Change your mind if you told us we could use or share your information for reasons other than those listed above.
- Get a list of the times we gave out your information. It will be a list of the times that the law requires us to keep a record of giving out your information.
- Keep your information private.
- Let you know if we cannot do what you have asked us to do with your information.
- Try to reach you at another location or phone number
- Use and/or give out your information as listed above and as the law permits, unless we have your permission to do more.